Monday, January 4, 2016

What Are You Doing? Part 1

 What are you doing with your life?


Life is so busy and it's so easy to get caught up doing 'things'. You know what I mean? I'm talking about being busy doing small 'stuff' - but when you look back, you think to yourself, "what in the world did I actually accomplish?"


"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." - James 4:14 KJV

  Life is short and there's honestly no time to waste just doing "stuff".

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is." -Eph. 5:15-17


Want to know how to make good use of your time? 
  • Walk like a wise person.  "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,..."  wise: (adjective) having or showing experience, knowledge, and good judgement. Are you making good decisions based off God's word? Or are you foolishly making choices just off how you might feel at the moment? • circumspectly: (adjective) wary and unwilling to take risks. Paul's not saying we should be unwilling to take some risks for Jesus' sake, but we should be unwilling to take risks that could give Christ a bad name. Don't foolishly do something 'off the cuff' that will tarnish His name. • fool: (adjective) lacking good sense or judgement; unwise.
  • Find what the will of God is for your life. Following God's will for your life comes step by step. (Proverbs 3:5-6) This comes by asking God what exactly you need to do! I'm amazed every time I ask the Lord to show me what I should do and how He answers me. In the next post, I want to tell exactly how He's kept me busy! If you don't know what you're supposed to do for the Lord, just ask! ("If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering..." James 1:5-6) God has promised to guide if we only 'trust and obey'. Once you find what you're supposed to be doing in life, you can put your full heart into it and DO IT! 

Why should you use your time wisely?

  • Because of your testimony to a lost world. "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." - Col. 4:5-6    When this world sees you, do they see a crazy 'Christian' who doesn't live what they believe? Or do they see a wise Christian who is serving Jesus in everything they do? Our testimony is precious because lost souls need to see a difference in us.
  • Because we have rewards to win. "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." - I Cor. 9:25    The elders in Revelation 4:10-11 will cast their crowns at Jesus feet. I'd love to think we'd follow suit and give Him the rewards that we were able to win because we were faithful! He is worthy to receive glory for what He's done with our life!! (I Cor. 3:12-14)


Life is a vapor... Single ladies, don't look back on these years with regret. You'll look back one day, I promise... Maybe one day when you're a wife and you're holding your babies reflecting on these single years. You don't want to look back and say "I didn't do anything for Him". 

We'll all know we should've done MORE. Like the old hymn says, "By and by when I look on His face, I'll wish I had given Him more." Please, give Him your best now... He deserves it

He gave His life for you, shouldn't you give yours for Him? 


  • NEXT POST: What Are You Doing? Part 2 - I will be sharing with you exactly what I've been doing!

I Corinthians 15:58

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughts on my posts. All comments will be reviewed before being posted.

Can't find something?